PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BGS vs Aeros Ground School
View Single Post
Old 28th Feb 2023, 15:08
605carsten

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Distance course still requires 10% classroom or in BGS case on live Zoom video class. Nothing is “all distance”

You need the course completed for the sign-off from the ATO to even be allowed near an Austro test center.

Distance course can be done at your pace so you can do it real quick as long as you sign up for the live classes to comply with the 10% rule in all distance-courses

you will need to study the stuff but at same time do banks ( I did BGS and Aviation Exam ) for a very specific reason:

-The grammar and formulation in english is so messed up as foreign question writers seem to write question in their native language and then put it thru google-translate 2 times.

Again… the banks teach you the way they try to trick you with bad english and formulation.

I just did ATPL(H) Bridge Course with Austro and used BGS distance course as I work as an Airplane pilot with ATPL(A) already

5-10% questions seemed similiar to banks.. but everything else I had never seen before. Know the stuff and combine study and Banks at same time. No more cheating is possible unless you know stuff…

with the above, I did course, then spent the 12 days leading up to the writtens by studying and banks… passed all 5 subjects first sitting over the 2 days at remote test center.

Last edited by 605carsten; 28th Feb 2023 at 15:16. Reason: Stuff