PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Integrated or use money for type rating
View Single Post
Old 28th Feb 2023, 08:14
rhysgittoes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Red face Integrated or use money for type rating

Hi all,

I've fortunately built a decent amount of savings and have just completed my PPL and hoping to start my distance groundschool in the next week or so, sitting around 20 hrs PIC.

I've had mixed converstations from people, with finding emplyoment after obtaining an fATPL. From my understanding there's no disadvantage going modular, as long as you ace the theory atpl's and go to a reasonbly good school for the professional training.

Despite this someone who is currently instructing told me since he didn't go integrated he's been in the BA hold pool for 3 years while direct entry pilots from integrated courses have been getting first jobs there.

As you can probably imagine this worreid me, as if it's an extra 10k - 15k to go integrated, although its "Wasted" money, staying in a hold pool with 3 years less potential pay is also wasting money.

I'm very much in the dark on how the post trianing enviroment is - Has anyone got advice on this? Will sparing this money and using it for a type rating help with employability?

Thanks very much for the help!