PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - PC12 down in Nevada
View Single Post
Old 27th Feb 2023, 22:54
BrogulT

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by fitliker
Any tips on maintaining minimum ice speed in the climb for this particular model ?
Any thoughts on Va, Vb for this particular model ?
If design maneuvering speed is 166kts as I think it might be, then he was right about at that speed during the climb right up until the first deviation from course. I'd think that minimum speeds in icing wouldn't be higher than Va, but I don't know. My first thought in weather that bad is possibly severe icing causing a severe trim problem--perhaps after a failed/assymetric deicing operation--causing the AP kick off and hand the plane back out of trim and perhaps in an unusual attitude.

Originally Posted by Concours77
Guessing a transplant. Heart, kidney, liver...... time is of the essence....
I don't know but I've been told by someone involved in a different Medivac operation years ago that the pilots are not briefed on the patient's condition or the urgency or necessity of the flight. The reason, of course, is to prevent them from being heroic and flying when they really shouldn't. Many of these flights are end-of-life situations where the patient is relocated for comfort and convenience, not transplants or extremely urgent care. As uncomfortable as the question may be, I would like to know the situation of the patient in this case, but I'm betting that we won't find that out.