PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Baltic Aviation Academy
View Single Post
Old 26th Feb 2023, 23:23
flybyschool

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by gigachad
I talked with FlyBy school as well, at their booth and they mentioned that a few of ex BAA flight instructors moved to FlyBy to teach instead as the treatement there was better. And BAA has been trying to lease their multi engine aircraft but FlyBy denied it - take this info as you wish i don't know why the FlyBy guy was talking about plane leasing, but maybe BAA doesn't have any of their own multi engine aircraft.
:/
onky because you mention us, I would like to clarify your comments about FlyBy and BAA.

It is our policy to never speak poorly of anyone… specially other flight schools. This post will follow those guidelines.

Yes, we hired 2 instructors that previously worked at BAA. One was a FlyBy graduated pilot that started working with us but went to work for them… and wanted to come back almost immediately but he stayed there for some years, if I am not mistaken.
The second instructor joined us un August and we are very happy with his performance.
There is a maintenance manager that also came from BAA to work with us but due to personal problems had to resign. I heard he may have gone back to BAA but I am not 100% sure.
Although we give preference to our students for TKI and FI positions, we also incorporate Instructors from other schools to support our growth. 4 instructors just started working with us recently

Several years ago, BAA contacted us for dry-lease of twin engines. We only offered to complete the ME training for them but we never agreed on the cost of the service so they went on to find a different solution

BAA has approached FlyBy in several occasions with different projects but we never found a mutually beneficial solution so have never worked with them

we don’t have any knowledge about the rest of the allegations presented here

FlyBy