PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Orlando Flight Training
View Single Post
Old 13th Jan 2004, 21:39
busz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Something Good......................

Well, certainly a lot of negative comments.

Ok, so OFT may have a few problems with their operation, but i found it to be satisfactory overall. However, i achieved what i set out to do when i went over there, namely come home with a JAR ppl, so i cant fault them in that respect.

Within the school, there are a couple of really good points, one of them being the instructors (mine was excellent - you know who you are), and the friendlyness of the place. All of the students there were extremely friendly, and i certainnly met a few characters. My standard of instruction was excellent, and i never heard any complaints off any of the other students when i was there.

I agree about the planes though, certainly the cessna 152s had seen better days, but they flew. At first, i thought that the management were unfriendly and did not care. Later however, when i had problems with my accommodation, they were very apologetic and reasonable about the situation. If you do go there, i would reccommend staying in the Sheraton/ Best Western, or even the Days Inn, which is where i stayed for most of my trip. (It is further down than the Best Western, opposite the 7-11.)

As i said, i was happy with the service they provided, and didnt see any hidden extras, i too knew exactly how much i was being charged and why.

Hope this helps.

Alex

PS, seems like some people on this thread spent too much time at the winghouse and not enough studying. Remember, it is up to you to do the studying. As far as i am aware, the groundschool was a bonus, not included in the price. The ground school when i was there (Jun-Jul 2003) was very good.