PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NTSB to probe Fedex/Southwest close encounter at Austin
Old 25th Feb 2023, 18:13
punkalouver

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by ATC Watcher
Whow, what lots of very emotional comments here , are you sure you are really all white males ?

Disagree completely wiith some recent comments made but on thing I would agree with punkalouver , yes time to close this .. I will happily contribute to another thread on equity and gender equality if one wants to open one. But looks like I will not convince you and based on what I read so far looks like you're unlikely to convince me .

So back to Austin .
Do you really believe , as I see some of you suggesting , that it was 100% the fault of the controller, and that the case is clear and there is nothing more to learn? The controller was : a) substandard, b) black and had played the race card to get transferred to Austin, Texas (of all places !) and c) had only been recruited and allowed to continue to work because of a minority preferred quota system? Case closed, we continue as before no need to cage anything . .

I was hoping that you would not continue this line of discussion after my request but unfortunately, you insist.

So, hopefully to show you how demented the system has become, I will post a government ad in my country for an accident investigator. "Preference may be given to applicants who are members of one or more of the following groups: women, Indigenous peoples, persons with disabilities, and members of a visible minority group."

Originally Posted by ATC Watcher
b) black and had played the race card to get transferred to Austin, Texas (of all places !)

Most of the points against the controller are apparently coming from the point65 web site , which is a site made for FAA employees to vent their frustration at the FAA. The language (and the grammar) used by some posters show clearly some education deficiencies .
I think the education deficiency may be exposed in your first sentence.

Now maybe we can move on.