PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air BP SPIN
Thread: Air BP SPIN
View Single Post
Old 23rd Feb 2023, 22:18
PiperCameron

Received 85 Likes on 65 Posts
Originally Posted by Cloudee
If you don’t have a BP card at Ceduna you can only refuel during weekday business hours (after giving 24 hours notice) and at additional cost, that’s ridiculous.
Unless things have changed recently, I don't believe there are any application, transaction or annual fees for Viva, Air BP or WFS carnet cards, so why wouldn't you get one?

Aside from sales & marketing, there are a few big advantages to using Carnet cards. From the Oil Company's perspective, it simplifies payment tracking allowing them to issue monthly invoices for payment, reducing paperwork. For the pilot it means (a) no credit card transaction fees (more paperwork) each time you top up and (b) I believe most of the OPTs can store the transaction if comms is down for whatever reason, meaning you're less likely to get stranded at some remote airstrip simply because it doesn't recognise your credit card.. or the local 4G service just isn't that great that day. I also find that getting one monthly fuel bill regardless of where you fill up does help with the flying budget.

Interestingly enough, I notice at least one independent has started accepting Air BP and WFS cards. Nice! https://www.skyfuel.com.au/aviation-fuel-cards/