PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Alcohol and Flying: The New Law
View Single Post
Old 13th Jan 2004, 19:49
tunalic2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks FR

Bjcc

I didn't mean that employers should provide, only that it would be a good idea if the government could endorse or encourage an accurate affordable machine that someone who still partakes of a glass of sherry could afford to own and carry with them.

Hands up those of us that have had a big night on say a Friday and still felt a bit rough on sun morning ?
How about a stag do, 8 pints stella and 8 doubles Mathematically ( thats if you can remember all that you drank) from 2am sat morning you would be ok by(70 kg healthy male with food eaten)2200 sat but I'm blowed if I'd feel ok by tues let alone monday!

I once volunteered to be breathalysed (i was not driving and had no intention of doing so as I felt quite hungover),it registered orange but it was still a pass!!

I know you should save the above scenario for your weeks holiday etc, but with these lower limits it does make for a new limit that we are not familiar with and at present I believe we can not accurately test for(I will gladly be proven wrong if someone can point me in the right direction)

"Can't smoke can't drink what can you do???" how did that song go?

Never confuse the law of the Land with the law of Nature