PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air BP SPIN
Thread: Air BP SPIN
View Single Post
Old 23rd Feb 2023, 05:21
Desert Flower

Location: Next door to the neighbor from hell, who believes in chemtrails!
Received 26 Likes on 19 Posts
Originally Posted by runway16
In the latest Australian Aviation magazine daily PR release there is an advert from Air BP.

The advert tells how Air BP has moved heaven and earth to prevent the wrong fuel getting into the wrong tanks. It has happened in the past and will no doubt happen again. Just like cars with Unleaded and Diesel.

The Spin Doctor has spent a lot of time massaging words to make up the advert. What is not said is that I for one find Air BP fuel a pain in not having a BP card and fronting up to an airport where there is a BP fuelling station but that only takes a BP Card.

One time I wrote to Air BP asking why they did not make provision for MC and Visa cards to get fuel. The reply was a no change. The letter in reply spun a lot of words but at the end it was that Air BP would not consider having provision for credit cards to be used at Air BP fuel stations.

My view is that some people, without Air BP cards actually avoid fuel stops that have only Air BP for Av Gas. I have been to Ceduna and Broken Hill but had to wait for a person to turn up and add a call out fee to my fuel purchase. I have also heard the expression 'Sorry, having dinner right now, will come out later' Great!

Come on BP. You can do better. Having Visa and MC to be able to pay for Av Gas might also increase the sale of fuel at those Air BP stations!

R
Oh dear - you obviously never came to YLEC many years ago then. In the 20 years (1988-2018)I worked there I had MC & Visa card facilities, the Air BP carnet card & I took cash. However, towards the end of that time, there was a definite move towards BP wanting to use the carnet cards exclusively. Credit cards do involve a lot more paperwork for the poor refuellers!

DF.