PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Orlando Flight Training
View Single Post
Old 13th Jan 2004, 18:12
zickler

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
OFT

Unfortunately, not a lot of nice things to say about the place. Was there in summer 03, and the place was a complete mess. From the moment you arrive, hidden charges start popping up everywhere, the $175 insurance surcharge and on top of that you pay $4 an hour surcharge on every hour you fly. The way their charge their students is quite dodgy as well. Almost every week, while going through my accounts I used to find the odd flight in there which I never flew etc.

The fleet at OFT ... well it speaks for itself really, at least when I was there.. A decent 172 & a couple of ok warriors. Most of the 152's were in a really bad state to say the least. Leaking fuel tanks, dented wing leading edges, u/s transponders, no night lights for instruments, no working vor's, are just a few of the things I've seen myself. The recent crashes they've had recently say it all. When I was flying the PA44 there it was all the time going tech, and I've heard that the 2 BE76's they've got now are not much better either.

Management totally unconcerned about student progress. Never bothered coming out of their office to face the complaints; just to try and get a few more quid off you.

Wouldn't bother with them again, plenty of decent & cheaper flying schools in FL.