PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Calling all grandfathers re AFI->FI
View Single Post
Old 21st Feb 2023, 10:50
PeeToo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Fl1ingfrog
Yes, and Whopity you answered that for him comprehensively. But reading between the lines Pee Too hadn't attended a course to teach applied instruments nor had he been assessed by an FI Examiner to teach that. He hadn't undertaken an upgrade test either. Subject to him having the current required experience then obtaining the removal of the (r) etc for £96 is a bargain.
I'm not sure about reading between the lines. Just reading what I actually wrote might be a start? Never mentioned removal of (r) - its all about (e)

Wrong on all counts! My bad for not explaining more fully maybe!
I have just renewed by FI having previously held an FI under the old system. Yes i did the upgrade from AFI to FI including instrument.
On neither the renewal application online form, nor the guidance notes, does the CAA mention anywhere the need to specifically request the (e) endorsement for instructing for a CPL
The only additional requirement to FI cert - as things stand today - for that endorsement is 200 hrs instructional time
Assuming Whoppity is correct (thanks for the answer) then at the time I upgraded from AFI to FI, I must have submitted logbook evidence of that 200hrs instructional time or the CAA would not have upgraded me.
Therefore it is a matter of record that I was already qualified for the (e) endorsement
However the new licence (cost £96) was issued without it
They now want another £96 to re-issue it with that endorsement added

Please tell me how that is a bargain?