PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Heathrow-3
Thread: Heathrow-3
View Single Post
Old 20th Feb 2023, 23:51
Sotonsean

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by AirportPlanner1
Why do you think that, out of interest?

There are a few airlines I’ve long thought don’t particularly need to be at LHR and VN are one of them. I doubt they provide much feed this end and the network their end is limited, mainly domestic which is most likely leisure dominated.
It wasn't anything personal or to the detriment of London Stansted Airport.

Having previously served LGW prior to relocating to LHR I would have thought that the former would have been the preferred option rather than STN.

Vietnam Airlines a SkyTeam alliance member and an airline with all the benefits of Terminal 4 at LHR, only LGW can only really replicate that.

I agree with your assumption regarding some airlines currently serving LHR although there are not many.

But in my opinion I don't include Vietnam Airlines in that very short list.

STN is a fantastic airport and I wish there was more long haul destinations but I honestly can't understand why Vietnam Airlines would look at STN over a return to LGW.

STN is great for Emirates for various reasons and I can't understand why Jetblue have totally overlooked the airport.

If for example Vietnam Airlines did indeed move to STN it could in some way be a catalyst for others to do the same, even if it was a split operation with LHR. "Ethiopian Airlines springs to mind as I type that".