PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cost of Living and inflation, 22/23 & 23/24.
Old 19th Feb 2023, 18:47
Mitchaa

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Cost of Living and inflation, 22/23 & 23/24.

With regards to the U.K. It seems every industry is striking bar our own. From the offshore O&G workforce to the NHS, Teaching, Rail, Royal Mail, it seems every industry is at it.

I’m a little out the loop these days but how have the 4 main operators in Aberdeen responded to the current cost of living crisis? I was reading just last night that the NHS and Teaching unions have stood firm and secured 10-20% pay awards over the 22/23 23/24 awards. There have been some double digit awards across the O&G sector too.

It’s strange as I’ve heard nothing about aviation, is it post pandemic relief (glad to have a job so keep quiet and count yourself lucky) or is our industry weak at the knees with regards to asking for better pay and conditions?

I appreciate no one enjoys talking much about finances but with the current cost of living crisis, our salaries are going nowhere near as far as they used to do.

Are Bristow, CHC, NHV and OHS keeping up with inflation? Are Unions involved trying to better pay and conditions for its members? Are there any talks of strike actions in either of the Pilot or Engineering Unions or is it just regarded as acceptable to let pay decline by 10-20% in real terms?

The following users liked this post: