PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The best CVs or Resumes (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 19th Feb 2023, 07:05
rudestuff

Received 34 Likes on 14 Posts
There really is no perfect template, just make it look professional and readable. 1 page works best. Try to put yourself in the position of the person reading/sifting the CVs. What are they going to be looking for? Make sure you meet their minimum requirements and make sure that information stands out. You might need multiple CVs tailored for different companies. Also consider the job type: Type rated, Non-type rated or cadet. Time on type is probably the most important metric, with Jet time above a certain weight and total time being other numbers they'll be looking for. No one cares about your ATPL results once you have an ATPL, but for cadets that is one of the few things you can put to differentiate yourself. When I say tailor, I mean tailor: If you know that Ryanair want 20 year-old 200 hour cadets who passed their MEIR last Thursday but you're a 40 year-old 800 hour flight instructor then make sure your CV tells them what they want to hear: Dont include your age and tell them you have '200+' hours.

But far and away the best way into an airline if you've exhausted all other avenues is to join in a ground based office role. One which gives you access to the chief pilot and HR team on a daily basis. Most companies love that promote from within stuff...