PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - High altitude object shot down
View Single Post
Old 19th Feb 2023, 02:48
PukinDog

Received 22 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by m0nkfish
I think if this is true then it does raise serious questions about the competency of the decision makers, and maybe the current culture within the US political and military sphere. I can't remember the last time the US shot something down in their airspace, making these actions incredible regardless of what they were shooting. The general approach appears to be shoot first then ask questions, which IMHO is irresponsible. One would like to hope that the downing of Iran Air Flight 655 was a wake up call but it appears the US are still very much trigger happy and I fear that another incident is inevitable.

I understand that governments and their militaries have a responsibility to protect their citizens, but they should act reasonably and proportionately to any perceived threat. Yes, a UFO could be a deployment device for biological/chemical weapons (a supposition made by an earlier poster) but the severity of such a threat should be balanced by its probability which can be estimated with reasonable accuracy with appropriate intelligence. Biden may have been trying to show strength, but it appears he panicked and has actually shown weakness. No doubt many posters will disagree with me, but take a step back and see how embarrassing and ridiculous it is that it appears the most powerful country in the world could not identify a toy balloon and shot it out of the sky with a missile.

Or, it could be a U.S. False Balloon operation designed to smoke out and identify those who always default to assigning the worst possible motives, attributes, and conduct to certain Others under the guise of being a "concerned 3rd party".

Or not, because sometimes it's better to take off and nuke the site from orbit, just to be sure.

Last edited by PukinDog; 19th Feb 2023 at 09:39.