PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - "Poor customer service costs UK firms billions – so why can’t they get it right?"
Old 18th Feb 2023, 21:26
Mr Mac

Received 179 Likes on 113 Posts
Originally Posted by Asturias56
We all have horror stories about delivery drivers - but you get what you pay for - or rather what the supplier will pay for .

Last week I was tracking a delivery and the driver was 2 streets away delivering Parcel #20 (at 09:00) - he arrived on time and I mentioned I'd tracked him doing #20 - he laughed and showed me the app - I was #27 20 minutes later - the companies drive these guys to deliver vast amounts every day or lose their jobs.
Asturias56
Your tale reminds me back in the last century and early this when I was a loyal BA customer flying out of Manchester world wide, though long haul via LHR apart from JFK. Invariably bags would not make the shuttle, or indeed shuttle cancelled for operational reasons. However if I made the flight, and bag did not it would come North later, and be brought to me via Fred the Transit White van driver. To say we were on fist name terms would be a misnomer. I always made Coffee for him and learnt that he preferred Dark Chocolate Digestive biscuits. Our relationship came to an end after a very bad Business trip to Boston when bags lost for sometime, and my then MD bag never reappearing. We moved to LH, SQ,EK and when I formed our new company those were the carriers I took with me.

Cheers
Mr Mac