PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Nepal Plane Crash
View Single Post
Old 18th Feb 2023, 21:02
hans brinker

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by SandyYoung
As a non-pilot I can't understand why the controls shown at post 510 are so similar. Surely the feathering levers should be located somewhere physically away from the flap lever. I do see that there are 'buttons' on one - if they work - but otherwise there are more similarities than differences.
Originally Posted by pattern_is_full
There may be two condition levers - but they are intentionally set very close together (cheek by jowl), because they are usually moved as one to maintain symmetrical engine conditions.
Not on a properly designed turboprop (Fokker 50). Look at the difference between all the controls, grabbing the wrong was is harder. The fuel/condition controls aren't usually moved together. We would start the engines one by one, we used to shut them down one by one. And if one fails, you most definitely don't want to maintain symetrical engine conditions. If you need to change the pitch you use the engine rating panel underneath the instruments, or the TOGA buttons on the power levers (or the skid control test button while airborne with the gear down, but that might not have been a feature....). And on the ATR I would guess most of the time something similar would apply