PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Westpac Helicopters NSW ordered to reinstate terminated Pilot
Old 18th Feb 2023, 20:30
SASless

Received 518 Likes on 216 Posts
Gee....212Man's comments brought back memories of those years.

We had our own GPS approaches at other locations and with other Clients....all done with very early Garmin (and cheapest the company could buy) units.

His observations follow on from so many others that it would get lost in the crowd.

Thinigs like using canals as reject areas as there dredgings stacked beside the canal would not be graded somewhat level due to cost.

No flight following at night.

Thus no SAR standby on call should an aircraft go missing doing an Emergency flight. (It did happen.)

Tinkering with engine governing systems due to pilot handling issues following conversion to a different and less powerful aircraft.

During one of my Safety training courses I sat transfixed during the presentation about how Management attitudes had to be considered the most insurmountable hurtle to a genuine Safety Culture within an Aviation Operation.

When the Instructor asked the Class if we could provide some real life examples....I could have caused the class schedule to be delayed by days....not mere hours.