PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Westpac Helicopters NSW ordered to reinstate terminated Pilot
Old 18th Feb 2023, 12:11
SASless

Received 518 Likes on 216 Posts
In the. interest of fairness and equality......what say anyone that has anything negative to say about this Pilot's fitness for duty......post their own full Resume as a way of proving their bonafides.

If you wish to pass judgement upon her....the least you can do is prove you have the background and experience at least equal to that she has.

My thoughts on this affair is simple.....had the Training Staff been professional in their duties there would have been ample documentation to support her Dismissal.

My background includes lots of time as an Instructor in both the Military and in Civilian flying as well as instructing at three Factories.

I have failed Students to include the Chief Pilot of an Oil Company and each one of them KNEW their deficiencies and short comings during and at the end of each flight.....with those being documented in their training record.

The Student Pilot was always presented a copy of the Flights Training Record for that flight during the Debrief.

We did that to protect ourselves and our training establishment from any complaints or in future legal actions.

In this case that was not done.....the Court confirmed it....and now the Operator is confronted with lots of spoiled rotten egg on its face.

Any fault that exists is the Training Staff and Operator Management.....and until proven otherwise it should not and can not be attribute to the Pilot.

She is welcome to sit at my end of the Bar anytime she wants.....but then I appreciate confidant, capable, and professional people and take them for who they are.

I certainly respect any Pilot who flies Chinooks or any helicopter in combat as did this Pilot.....two tours in Afghanistan.
The following 4 users liked this post by SASless: