PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jet2-6
Thread: Jet2-6
View Single Post
Old 17th Feb 2023, 10:13
AircraftOperations

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by RA85684
We know there is a large, and growing market for UK-Pakistan and that market has been somewhat shafted with unreliable operations. Chopping and changing from the UK end - let’s face it, because there is lower hanging fruit for BA and Virgin - and with PIA’s ban. I’m under no illusion that Pakistan would be a friendly market for Jet2 to operate in, but it wouldn’t be impossible.IF Jet2 were to place an order for their own fleet of A330neo’s (or 787’s or A350’s, who knows - we’re thinking aloud here) then it would make sense to keep them active 12 months of the year. The O&D market from Northern England to Pakistan would much prefer point to point, reliable flights.Jet2 is a household name and could offer reasonably priced flights, and most likely fill an A339 x2 weekly out of LBA and x3 weekly out of MAN. Baggage charges alone would probably hit breakeven! It’s a long shot, but 15 years ago who’d have said they’d be flying 757’s to New York? 10 years ago who’d have seen Jet2 as the UK’s biggest tour operator? Even 5 years ago who’d have seen an order for 100 brand new Airbuses?Never say never Happy to be proven wrong but it sounds odd to me that TUI would rely on the slightly higher cruising speed of the 787 for operating there and back Cape Verde’s as opposed to the availability of crew rest. Interesting practice. I suppose the crew rest is there as a fallback if the **** hits the fan
Firstly, my experience tells me that the vast majority of UK to India and Pakistan VFR traffic is more price-sensitive over paying more for point to point services. So Jet2 would be up against the MEB4 who have started to get more of a foothold in the market, with PIA's recent lack of UK operations.
Secondly, Jet2 might be approaching a "household name" for certain sectors in some regions of the UK for sun destination holidays, but is it with the India & Pakistan VFR market?