PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jet2-6
Thread: Jet2-6
View Single Post
Old 16th Feb 2023, 22:18
pamann

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by RA85684
With regards to Jet2 and Cape Verde and FTL’s etc.

I wonder if TUI manage to do there and backs on the 787 vs the 737’s due to achievable bunk rest? If one crew has 3 hours bunk rest outbound and the other 3 hours inbound (for example) perhaps the duty becomes legal?
Which begs the question, do the A330’s have bunks? Would Jet2 use A330’s down to Cape Verde which is a hell of a commitment. Might we even see an order come in for a dozen or so A339’s? I think Jet2 is definitely gaining the critical mass to justify such an order and getting into the long haul market by the end of the decade. Cancún, Orlando and winter cruise charters/New York Christmas shopping trips at least.

As an aside. A 400+ seat heavy lifter with low cost base (frame and operator) would be perfect for plugging the gap on LBA/MAN-ISB in my opinion. That does go against the holidays model but a reputable carrier with a decent service, low fares, people mover. Win win. Plus room to grow into GLA, BHX and STN. Keeps the aircraft busy year round.

Anyway, distracted. Another cost conscious option for Jet2 to serve Cape Verde could be split days of operation to minimise hotel nights for crews - based on an A321neo, 7 rooms for 7 nights down there isn’t going to be cost effective.

Example:
MAN - Mon/Fri
BHX - Tue
STN - Wed/Sat
So the beginning of the week would look like this…
Crew 1- MAN-BVC-BHX
Crew 2 - BHX-BVC-STN
Crew 3 - STN-BVC-MAN
1 night down route for MAN/BHX crews and 2 for STN

Looking forward to seeing the new Airbuses arrive and wonder whether Jet2 have anything else up their sleeves. A very exciting, dynamic and most of all, reliable operator. I wish them every continued success.
Have you seriously suggested that Jet2 start flights to Islamabad?

Tui achieve both rotations on the 787 because it flies slightly faster than the 737/767. Nothing to do with having crew rest.