PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - "Poor customer service costs UK firms billions – so why can’t they get it right?"
Old 16th Feb 2023, 20:30
PAXboy
Paxing All Over The World

Received 63 Likes on 51 Posts
Similar happend to a friend in 1990s when utility meters were read by a roundsman. Sitting in his study, he saw the meter reader walk up to the front door with the 'you were out' card already in his hand. The fellow was surprised to find that, before he could put into the front door letter slot - the door was opened. The fellow was reported.

Today I have to add Avis to my list of tech failures. I needed to add a second booking for a trip we have soon and found that my account had no record of the first booking. The phone app did not know about it either. Unfortunately for Avis, whenever I make a booking online, I take a screen shot (or a multi-page download if needed) and record the booking ref. They will never reveal what happened but I'm going to guess that a system was 'upgraded'.

I can also add Aviva to this catalogue but they are not travel related so you are spared. Suffice to say that a company who keeps different policies on different computer systems and ne'er the twain shall meet. When you want to update one, there is a set of requirments. When you then discover you have to update the other? Totally different requirements. This included asking me for my mobile phone number, despite having sent me some details on that number less than five minutes before. They want me to prove my address - which is normal - but if I send them proof of my address they will not accept it because I want to CHANGE my address ...