PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jet2-6
Thread: Jet2-6
View Single Post
Old 16th Feb 2023, 19:43
Kevgti

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by davidjohnson6
School holidays, Half-term, July/August and Easter/Xmas at child-friendly times to child-friendly places might be a different story in the future as Jet2 is more able to make use of its dominant market position
Searching today for the flight for my Oct/Nov canaries break doesn't look quite as many flights are restricted to package holidays only compared to last year.

I want to get the longest possible break while using the least number of days of leave from work which means flying out Thursday or Friday and returning on a Monday or Tuesday. Last year I ended up flying with EZY as I needed to book my private rental accommodation and the LS flights weren't available. EZY were OK (and considerably better than FR) but nowhere near LS when it comes to check-in or onboard experience.

This year I can see that there is only 1 day per week which is package holiday only so perhaps they have learned that they need to reduce the number of package holiday only flights to prevent travellers from defecting to the competitors. I'd always book LS first even if it costs a few quid more, it's just a better experience and you know that they will do their best to get you there and back.