PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Deja Vu - Avmed Statistics
View Single Post
Old 16th Feb 2023, 09:28
43Inches

Received 433 Likes on 236 Posts
Originally Posted by Sunfish
How many pilots who made application for an initial medical certificate or renewal, abandoned their application for a medical certificate or did not proceed with its renewal after receiving a request from Avmed for further testing or additional information?

I suspect from my experience, people just give up.
Add to that ASIC requirements and having to purchase hi-viz and workwear like you are going to a mine site and you wonder why GA has less and less private pilots doing it for fun.

I can just go drive a 12 seater around UBERing with no medical requirements, claim my car on tax, receive profitable payment, have any medical conditions known to man, be a convicted whatever, can walk up to my car with no high vis vest or security card in heavy traffic and no one gives a stuff as long as you have some free water. Why on earth has GA been picked on so ridiculously.

Was I just dreaming or was there a point maybe only 20 years ago I could just walk out to my plane, not walk through a security minefield, no vests, no strange locks, just jump in and go flying, not too differently to how I would go for a drive in my car.

Does anyone else see how stupidly regulated Aviation has become for no real reason? I wont even say its just over regulated as the regulations for light aircraft especially make no sense, it's just randomly regulated in all the wrong ways.
The following 4 users liked this post by 43Inches: