PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair Sponsored APS MCC 2022 - Age Discrimination
Old 15th Feb 2023, 21:15
LichtMann

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Gambalix
Hi guys.
I have recently applied to the APS MCC Ryanair Mentored Programme, through one of their partner ATO (AFA - Airline Flight Academy). Although, my Cadet CV is fairly good, got rejected even to pass to the first interview (which is not live by the way).
So, I had to fill some forms and send some documents, but talked to no one, did no tests and answered no subjective questions. As far as a recruiter knows about me goes like this:
- 260h
- ICAO English Level 6
- All first passes (both theory and Skill tests)
- Integrated ATPL(A) average score 96%
- JOC and MCC on the 737NG
- Master's Degree in Aeronautical Engineering
- Previous PPL(A) holder
I also sent a copy of the passport, so they have seen a passport photo and my DOB.
This is ALL information they have, yet I have not managed to proceed to the next phase. Again, i must say again: no interview, no cut-e, no tests in any manner or form, no subjective stuff.
Now, at least 5 friends of mine have gone into this APS course and managed to be accepted, all of them Cadets with every single item of their CV worst than mine.
I'm 44 yo, and speaking to friends that are already there, the word is they are rejecting everybody above 39yo. I consider this to be unfair and illegal.
As anyone here gone through the same discrimination? Has this been reported to the competent authorities?
Hi!

Sorry to hear that.

As this post was 1 year ago, what is your current situation? Have you been hired by any airline?

Thank you!