PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The Ghost of RAF Laarbruch
View Single Post
Old 15th Feb 2023, 13:13
KOFY_Fitz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Krystal n chips
To be fair, you're a bit spoilt for choice when it comes to the paranormal and RAF Stations....and it may help if you could list those you've visited.

For your info Lindholme had well documented sightings, Middleton St George (Teeside Airport) also noted for the same. Valley had Hangar 13, encountered that one, once, where unexplained events happened....also Dishforth and the former Clevelands GC hangar workshops / CFI's office area...encountered that once as well...now that was actually "disturbing " to put it mildly.

The Bruggen contractor was also well known although he does seem to have no fixed abode as they say....also rumoured to have been on 17's site.

As for wild boar....diligently guarding somewhere near 20 one day when we heard a rustling / crunching sound...looked around and there was Mum taking the family for a walk about....and getting nearer to us. At which point we decided to make a strategic retreat....the relatives were nice to eat, bit rich, but the live ones tended not to be so amiable.

Thanks all!

Re: Krystal n chips - Here's a list of the bases I've visited (Many of which appear to no longer be in service or indeed were, like Manston, civilian already when I was there):

Linton On Ouse
Laarbruch
Akrotiri
Sealand
Cranwell
Cosford
Duxford
Manston
Brize Norton
Henlow
Farnborough
Upper Heyford
Lakenheath
Mildenhall

I limited myself to Laarbruch in the original post as that was what the thread was about and due to Roger's comment. It was a bit of a long shot as it was a really old thread and it had been so long since he last posted. But if anyone has any spooky tales from any of the above that would be great to hear about!