PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The Ghost of RAF Laarbruch
View Single Post
Old 14th Feb 2023, 22:13
NutLoose

Received 2,931 Likes on 1,250 Posts
Originally Posted by KOFY_Fitz
Apologies for digging up such an old thread and, on the off chance you are still a member of the forum, but I'm looking into ghosts and paranormal activity at RAF airfields and in particular those that I have visited. I wondered if you might have the time to provide a little more detail on the comment you made above!

Many thanks,

Fitz

NB - I did try and PM you but your inbox is full so I suspect you no longer frequent the forum.
There was supposed to be one on The 20 Sqn Jag site at Bruggen which was next to QRA, I can’t remember the HAS numbers but it was the furthest from the soft and in the site corner backing onto the road and to the left of the USA mast.. Rumour was a contractor had died while building it, but I bet all the sites would tell similar.

It always felt cold, I went down to do a jet one early thick misty morning when it was just starting to get light and as I approached the HAS I heard the rapid little feet noise and the squeal of wild boar coming towards me, I legged it inside and called for help, after they were dealt with and scared off I was left on my own and cracking the HAS doors open the mist drifted in across the floor and it was creepy as hell.

Sitting in the cockpit as the light was starting to break in a Jag in an unusually cold HAS with the doors fully open and the mist rolling in covering the floor was something I always will remember.

The HAS I am talking about is directly under the R of Bruggen on the heading picture, there is a clear pic further down the page. It might have been HAS 45 but my memory fails me.

https://thefourprop.com/blogs/the-br...t-rafg-station

Last edited by NutLoose; 15th Feb 2023 at 09:02.