PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - rex Celebrating 20 Years
View Single Post
Old 12th Feb 2023, 07:15
Deano969

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by TimmyTee
Given both the way he provides Rex updates moments after they occur, and the eerily similar tone of language and emotive reactions both he and Rex pump out, one can only presume Deano969 is at least contributing to, if not outright writing, these REX share market updates
Guess I must be on the board
Probably at 777 Partners as well because I comment positively about AB

REX was roundly berated on here when they dared to want to take it to QF/JQ and VA, yes on the back of VA doing an AN, but had to adapt when Bain saved the VA brand
Regular quotes like "they are flying around with single digit loads" and "jet ops last 12 months"
Who gives a toss if they post monthly updates, even if not 100% accurate, it's a guide to how they are doing
If REX find new metal in the short to medium term then that's great for everyone as they seem to be doing a good job for their customers, but do need more frequency and to be able to cover more routes

They are also providing another option for 737 crew and for those that fly props, now they at least have a path in house to jets which could stifle QFs poaching practises

Moving forward
Aside form more 738s, I think it's getting to the point that REX looks to use the Cobham purchase to rethink it's regional fleet
The one size fits all 340s needs to be rethought
Perhaps 10 or so E175s to mix in with their 6 E190s to provide fleet commonality and adding a 6 business class to give a point of difference over QLink and perhaps looking for something around the 19 seat mark for their thinner routes, maybe even the Cessna SkyCourier or N219