PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Checking in for transfer flights / seperate airline
Old 13th Jan 2004, 06:07
Charlie Zulu

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Checking in for transfer flights / seperate airline

Hello,

Although last years trip to the USA included a change of plane at Atlanta, this was to another flight of the same carrier. Thus when I checked in at Gatwick my bags were checked in all the way through to Miami and I received boarding cards for both the Atlanta and Miami flights.

This year, in June, I am going to Naples (Florida) again, but am going to fly to Fort Myers via Miami. The transatlantic flights are with Virgin Atlantic and the internal flight to Fort Myers are with American Eagle.

So when I check in at Heathrow, will my bags be checked straight through to Fort Myers? I understand that I will need to collect my bags in order to go through customs at Miami. Also will I be checked, ie. receive a boarding card for the American Eagle connecting flight?

Another quick question. Has anyone been through Miami airport on an M-1 visa recently? I had to wait at Atlanta Immigration for two hours for "special processing" as I was going to Florida for a flight training course.

My connecting times between flights at Miami are two and a half hours, so I really hope I don't miss the American Eagle connecting flight because of the M1 student visa processing (I'm going for flight training again).

Best wishes,

Richard.