PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Shoreham Airshow Crash Trial
View Single Post
Old 11th Feb 2023, 15:51
Chris Scott

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Raikum
I think it would be a good move for people to read the Misra case to which the coroner referred. Its not that difficult to understand for non-lawyers.

The key is in para 66 where the Court of Appeal said as follows:

"....The jury concluded that the conduct of each appellant in the course of performing his professional obligations to his patient was "truly exceptionally bad"...."

You can read it here https://www.casemine.com/judgement/u...d03e7f57eb152b
The conduct of the medical clinicians in that case took place during a period of over 24 hours, during which they were able to confer with fellow doctors and the nursing staff who had first alerted one of them to concerning abnormalities in the patient's condition. Between them, they made a series of errors of omission.

No doubt lawyers, including coroners, may have to resort to studying case law to try and find what laypersons like myself might refer to as an analogy for the case they are considering.

However, I fail to see that the Misra case can be considered analogous to that of a lone display pilot, who has no more than a few seconds to identify any problem, consider whether an escape manoeuvre or other change of plan is required, and initiate it.
The following users liked this post: