PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways Direct Entry Pilot
View Single Post
Old 11th Feb 2023, 14:22
thetimesreader84

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by A320LGW
I recently reactivated my application as I was unable to proceed a few months ago. I have the interview coming up soon. Is anyone able to advise on what type of questions come up and how best to prepare? I understand that competency questions feature, what about technical? Do they tend to ask much about your present type or about any of the BA types, or is there generic ATPL stuff in there? Many thanks ..

Originally Posted by thetimesreader84
So my info may be out of date, but when I interviewed in 2018 the group exercise was 8 candidates around a table with a pack of info (each subtly different) given 30 mins to make a decision on what to do with a BA route to a fictional carribean island - change aircraft, add frequency, pull out all together etc. 5 mins before time there's a. "Urgent email just come in". Obviously it's not about the decision (although its a good idea to decide something!) its about how you work together.

Interview was with a BA pilot & HR person. 50/50 split between "give an example of a time when..." questions and CV walk through and company knowledge.

The rest of the aptitude tests etc I think have changed so I doubt I could give any useful information.

Hopefully this might get you started until someone else can give you more accurate info.
I'd also just add i recall being asked about fleet make up & future aircraft orders.