PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Is Ukraine about to have a war?
View Single Post
Old 11th Feb 2023, 14:20
Tartiflette Fan

Received 281 Likes on 158 Posts
Originally Posted by Xeptu
That's a nonsense. Boots on the Ground, Soldiers with Guns remain the only way to wins wars.
I need to clarify. I used the phrase "foot-soldiers" previously because you keep harping on about Britain not being part of continental Europe. This is only important if you are a foot-soldier and not one who can use use transport aircraft to cross 30 miles of sea.

Once again your statements leave me confused as you seem to see nothing wrong in contradicting yourself ( then ignore attempts asking you to explain ). You have just written:

The UK gets a 10/10 for its support, well done you, even though we don't see you as a European Nation. France gets a 0/10, clearly isn't getting involved.

Whereas in post 14490 your opinion was:

"With the exception of France and Poland the rest of you NATO countries are fu#%ing useless."

So sometimes Britain is u#%ing useless. and then gets a 10, whereas France alternately gets 0/10 and is then mentioned as an exception to the general uselessness. Do you see why I am puzzled ?

Originally Posted by Xeptu
Here's the thing, we on the other side of the planet and close allies with the US, all of us oceans away from the conflict and all we are hearing from Europe is dissent, disagreement and deliberate obstruction to achieving victory for Ukraine.
Personally I feel that is a dramatic exaggeration. Yes, there has been some disagreement, but when contrasted with what has been achieved - and delivered in terms of materiel and training by many countries -, and the fact that the continued stated aim is for Ukraine to win and support will continue, it is clearly untrue. Whether that is truly what is what is being presented to the public Down Under, I don't know, but having read what you post here, I think it is far more likely that you are distorting the hell out of it.
The following 4 users liked this post by Tartiflette Fan: