PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Is Ukraine about to have a war?
View Single Post
Old 10th Feb 2023, 12:14
Video Mixdown

Received 572 Likes on 210 Posts
Originally Posted by Xeptu
I'm with you, while supporting UKR 100% I'm really concerned about Europe. All the NATO countries clearly are at odds and couldn't organise a root in a brothel. German blocks supply, France is pretty much sitting on their hands and we all know it will be a cold day in hell when France defends Germany. I am truly concerned that if Ukraine falls Europe is in serious trouble. NATO in my view is nothing more than a fantasy and I think Putin knows it.
It has escaped your notice that NATO as an organisation is playing no active part for very good reasons. Some (but not all) assistance is being provided by nations who just happen to be members of NATO. I believe that a great deal of the assistance provided so far and planned for the near future is not being made public for obvious reasons. If Putin were stupid enough to attack a NATO country the response would be of a different magnitude entirely, and I assume he has been told through diplomatic channels precisely what would happen if he did so.