PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Will This Stir Up The Pot Down There ?
View Single Post
Old 10th Feb 2023, 07:00
43Inches

Received 421 Likes on 232 Posts
Originally Posted by Switchbait
SAAB Captain Year 1 is $98449.
Yep plus 13% for rdo buyback and $30k in dta, added leave loading and other extras. As I said it really depends on what extra they add to that deal. As the basic rex additions add up to $140k before you do much extra. Then on top of that each year you will get cpi adjustments and years of service increments. So in a few years you will be way better off.

To explain the RDO situation the latest EBA had them gain two days off for 10 in total, but the company can buy them back at 1% per roster pre assigned. As you might imagine it might be a while before any crew see the 10 days as actual rosters. So with 13 roster periods a year you will see a 13% increase in base, I say base as super contributions are added on top of that.

With the add just focusing on a salary with 6 weeks leave it makes me think there is no more to the contract, no significant allowances etc. Which then seems dud when compared to the competition.

Again not saying the Rex deal is something awesome, just that on balance its offering better for smaller aircraft.

Last edited by 43Inches; 10th Feb 2023 at 07:16.