PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Biggin Hill Mosquito
View Single Post
Old 10th Feb 2023, 03:29
Commander Taco

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by GeeRam
Despite many claims that Kermit Weeks B.35 (RS712) needs new wings, I believe from those that know Mossie's and have seen it in recent times, if he so chose to, its still in good enough condition structurally, to be returned to the air, despite it spending a couple of years in the heat and humidity of Florida before being flown off to a more suitable long term storage climate.
I believe Weeks’ Mosquito has been stored and displayed in a controlled environment hangar in Oshkosh for several decades. At least that’s what his staff at his Fantasy of Flight Museum in Florida told me.

Incidentally, Jerry Yagens brought his Mosquito (as well as his ME-262 and FW190, but that’s another story) up to the Hamilton, Ontario air show about ten years ago. I was fortunate to be able to get up into the cockpit and I must say, the detail and quality of what the NZ rebuilders produce is utterly astonishing.

During the flying display, it was marvelous to watch the Mosquito, FW190 and ME-262 stern chase each other around the airfield.