PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - COVID? What COVID?
View Single Post
Old 9th Feb 2023, 22:12
ZFT
N4790P

Received 33 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by India Four Two
Since November, I’ve flown from Canada to Vietnam and then made three return trips from Saigon to Singapore, Kuala Lumpur and Bangkok.

All the airports I have transited have been extremely busy, mostly busier than pre-COVID. As a consequence, the airport experiences have been unpleasant.

For my most recent flight, BKK-SGN, it took over an hour from joining the checkin line to reaching airside. Then of course, there was a 15 minute walk through an upmarket shopping mall to the gate, with only one 50 m long travelator.

The process wasn’t helped by closed security channels and over 50% of the Passport Control booths being closed.

I’m looking at you, Airports of Thailand!

PS It’s quite a few years since I flew to Thailand and I had forgotten what an awful airport Suvaranabhumi is. In my opinion, it must be high on the list of modern, poorly designed airports.
In the same timeframe I've been in and out a few times with a totally different experience. No issues with immigration, aecurity or baggage delivery.
I was surprised just how many immigration booths were open each time.
The walks are no different to any modern airport unfortunately and at least they are in a straight line unlike many airports where you are forced to zigzag through so called duty free.