PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jet2-6
Thread: Jet2-6
View Single Post
Old 9th Feb 2023, 10:55
OltonPete

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Jet2/TUI

Originally Posted by LBAflyer22
Printout out the truth is not fanboysim. It's simply the truth. Jet2 were able to recovery quickly and make more contingency plans. I don't think, even if first summer back, the Wamos A330 was in the plans but ended up been in the plans due to the Smartlynx fiasco.
From memory as a BHX watcher this is more how I remember it looking back at various forums etc. Of course a very different situation between the two at BHX with Jet2 at the mercy of Smartlynx with TUI all in-house issues on short-haul. BHX had no short-haul leases for TUI and the issues were all around aircraft and crew availability whereas Jet2 seemed to be fine with their own fleet and resolved the Smartlynx issue by changing from a 4 aircraft operation to a three aircraft operation which I am sure inconvenienced some passengers as dropping two flights a day from 220 seats to 189 can't have been easy but in general it worked well. Often all four A321's flew but instead of 16 sectors between them just 12.

Again from memory TUI also sorted out short-haul and it was just long-haul that had the main issues. I think what helped was Jet2 always planned to have a spare 738 at BHX and all that changed in the end is that swapped to one of the A321's.

Pete