PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Is Ukraine about to have a war?
View Single Post
Old 9th Feb 2023, 00:38
NutLoose

Received 2,939 Likes on 1,252 Posts
Originally Posted by Muddy Paws
All this chat about Jags, Tonkas is a pointless, it won't happen. They will never fly again. Hawk T1 maybe, but what use would they be? Typhoon Tranche 1 maybe, but in 6,9,12 months, who knows. And what about tech support for them? Su25 and Mig 29's are what they need and will be able to operate tomorrow, plus Mi8, Mi 25, everything they are currently using and can support.
Where can they find these? Former Soviet Republics, Africa. Throw a few hundred million dollars in the right places now, and I mean tomorrow morning, and go and collect them.
The only reason I mentioned the Hawk T1 was to use it as a trainer, the Ukrainians operate L39’s as trainers and they are possibly weapons capable it would allow them to use them ( I believe, they were looking at replacing them in 2021 with turboprops)

The only other thing I could see is the U.K. chipping in with the likes of Holland to buy / release their F16 and possibly training crews in dissimilar combat training against our European partners. I read an article years ago re F15’s visiting Ukraine and they were careful to avoid showing them nato combat tactics, I take it that will now be expanded upon.