PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Glen Buckley and Australian small business -V- CASA
Old 8th Feb 2023, 09:38
MagnumPI

Received 39 Likes on 23 Posts
Hi Glen,

I have been following your saga since the start. I've never met you, but I have been barracking for you in your quest for justice. I hope you're doing well.

As Lead and others have pointed out, the complete lack of integrity within senior ranks of the Public Service is alarming. Observing snippets of the 'Robodebt' hearings and watching these very senior bureaucrats and elected officials deny any real accountability for a monumental ****-up that drove some victims to the point of suicide makes me angry.

I digress. Back to you and your dogged pursuit of those in CASA who made decisions that led to the destruction of your business.

One of the things that I think your campaign would benefit from is a website that clearly summarises the chronology of what happened, articulates your major points, and has all the supporting material archived and available. This thread - with thousands of replies and over a million views - no doubt continues to be important, but it is difficult to navigate and is also largely unmoderated. Not all replies have bolstered your case.

It's also worth remembering that bulletin boards are dying. There's a reason this website looks like something from the early 2000s, because it is. There's a very real risk that the owners of this board may respond to a legal threat by removing the thread, and then you're pretty much cooked. After all, they're not necessarily on your side - and this website is just one in a portfolio of mishmash bulletin boards that they use to flog advertising - that's it.

My fear is that they are trying to label you as a sort of vexatious litigant. A crazy, or a nut whose correspondence can be wholly disregarded. This thread does read like a stream of consciousness, and that may not actually help your campaign.

A domain can be purchased for < $10 a year. Hosting is also very cheap. Wordpress (or similar) is available free and easily set up. I am sure that in amongst the thousands of replies and over a million views there'd be a web dev who could help you set this up and even get a nice free theme installed for you to get it looking fancy. From there, it would then simply be a case of adding content DIY, which is very straightforward to do through a WYSIWYG editor.

Once the website is done, you could also ramp up the social media pressure. I'm no PR Manager or expert in this field, but I do know that politicians (and, by extension, the senior bureaucrats they appoint) are very wary of a social media campaign.

The following 4 users liked this post by MagnumPI: