PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas Cabin Crew 2023
View Single Post
Old 8th Feb 2023, 06:59
EkAdelaide

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by DreamToFlyQF
Hi all,

Got my medical scheduled for Friday and thought I’d do a practice run of a few things in the gym.

My heart rate on the 3 min step test was higher than I expected and is deemed ‘poor’ based on what articles say. I was pretty surprised as I didn’t feel winded whatsoever, and I go to the gym regularly. I could only think it’s the anxiety of the situation, I’ve been pretty anxious since the AD lol. I also did it straight after a gym session, maybe I should try again after a long rest.

Anyone have experience with a poor result in this area of the medical? I was able to complete everything else pretty comfortably.
This is just my personal view.

I think they look at the medical report holistically, and something like heart rate (on its own) would not be a reason to reject someone, unless of course it was extraordinarily high and there were signs of struggle during the exercise.

Of course there are some components which would be a fail on its own e.g. failing alcohol or drug test. But I know many people who were not perfect in one area, but OVERALL they could display they could undertake the cabin crew role.

If they have concerns, they may contact you for a second opinion/further clarification. For example, I know people who struggled with the hearing test or blood pressure, but were able to get through after obtaining additional information.

Interested to hear other people's thoughts / experiences on this.