PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - A320 G sys
Thread: A320 G sys
View Single Post
Old 6th Feb 2023, 20:57
Ollie Onion

Received 228 Likes on 78 Posts
Originally Posted by 320.jockey
It must be the inoperative normal braking and autobrake. I looked in our OMs, as we have both generations with NWS on G or Y hydraulic.
Only in case of G SYS LO PR *WHEEL is listed as a secondary failure. Not in the case of Y SYS LO PR, no matter which system supplies the NWS. And while it is true that you will have to extend the gear by gravity extension and L/G RETRACT is inop (as both indicated on the STS page), there is no indication of that on the WHEEL SD page. Only NORM BRK, AUTO BRK and STEERING are displayed in amber (and because there is never a *WHEEL secondary failure with Y SYS LO PR, it can't be the STEERING part). As you will have to analyse the associated SD in case of a secondary failure during the ECAM actions as per "Handling of ECAM" it can't be the gravity extension or inoperative retraction, because there is simply no indication of that on the wheel page.

Why only the braking part is classified as a secondary failure and not the steering I don't know...
not sure that is correct, the secondary failure points you to a system that is affected by the primary failure, it doesn’t relate to the name of a systems page I.e. if there is a secondary failure in the brake system it will list ‘brakes’ as a secondary failure and no such system page exists. The ‘wheel’ secondary failure is telling you that the Green System is your extension and retraction system and without it you can’t extend or retract the gear in a normal manner which is a secondly failure in the ‘wheel’ system. Simple as that.