PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas Recruitment
View Single Post
Old 6th Feb 2023, 20:35
Ollie Onion

Received 207 Likes on 69 Posts
Originally Posted by cLeArIcE
I'm not saying it isn't. I don't personally know, but I would imagine you'd still get better pay and treatment as a QF WB FO then a JQ Captain.
But, there is a huge amount of movement at JQ with rumours of more to come. A whole lot of new airbus commands and no doubt that will Lead to 787 FO spots. More LRs and XLRs to come etc. I would imagine there are a lot of Airbus FOs looking at the superior lifestyle on the 787.
​​​​​A JQ 787 FO v QF 737 FO wouldn't be that far apart on terms and conditions surely? (Assuming JQ doesn't scrap the 787 operation of course...)
Any FO close to those positions has a big decision to make. Joining QF below 100 externals and onto the "B" scale isn't exactly exciting. Even for those who do decide to go, they are jaded with the company before they even start!
If Qantas had shown even the slightest respect to it's group pilot and:
1. Prioritised group hirings over external recruitment
2. Offered seniority numbers to those who can't be immediately released by their group airline
3. Not hired internal candidates onto the new rubbish B scale for SOs,
No one would be complaining. But as been demonstrated numerous times, no one in management could give a rats.
​​​​​
can’t disagree with any of that, would have been a show of good faith to give internals seniority numbers based on acceptance date. That would have required agreement of the Mainline pilot group though and we all know they will NEVER go out of their way to help out group pilots.