PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Chinese spy balloon over US
View Single Post
Old 6th Feb 2023, 20:14
ethicalconundrum

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by muppetofthenorth
Reading that article made me lose brain cells. I wouldn't trust that site to find itself on Google, never mind any degree of accuracy.
I'm sure you understand that this site goes the extra mile because people will automatically question them as they don't follow the generic media line. Here is the quote from a US house representative, where there is video of his exchange with a different media source:

"Rep. Mike Waltz (R-FL): My office has been briefed by the office of the Secretary of Defense of the current Pentagon that it happened over Florida, it happened over Texas, and that it’s happened before. We have more detailed questions but what is unclear, Stuart, at this point is, did the Pentagon under the Trump Administration brief the Trump White House and give them the option to take action or did they decide not to brief them for whatever reason? And there is some speculation, I talked to Trump administration officials over the weekend, that the Pentagon deliberately did it because they thought Trump would be too provocative and too aggressive. So that’s what we need to get to the bottom of and one person that I’m waiting to hear from that we haven’t heard from that list is former Secretary of Defense, General Mattis who was the secretary during this time period. What did he know and what did he decide to pass on and brief to the president."

So far, Gen Mattis has been incommunicado WRT this official statement of previous incursions. Some perspective is in order, as the named Gen Mattis is also the same poltroon who decided to call the good ole buddy Chinese Chairman Xi after the 2020 election to warn the Chairman that he would interfere with any action taken by the Trump WH directed at China. So, we already know he's a traitor, just at this point if he has always been a traitor. And, if there were overflights by China during the prev administration, given the general hatred by everyone of Trump - wouldn't it have made a huge, massive, giant media splash at the time to discredit the then current prez? So, they didn't publicize if for anti-Trump messaging, and they didn't tell Trump for their own political ends, or they in fact did tell Trump and he did nothing about it. Given his well stated political views on relations with China? hmmmmm.