PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Is Ukraine about to have a war?
View Single Post
Old 5th Feb 2023, 19:58
Baldeep Inminj

Received 37 Likes on 18 Posts
Originally Posted by fineline
BDIM, in other posts you've said you work at a high level in defence, have privileged insight, and that NATO and allies are drawing this out in order to deplete Russia's war capacity. That seems entirely reasonable - whether true or not.

But this new assessment doesn't seem reasonable at all. If Russia takes out a major Western city, by whatever means, the notion that the free world at that point meakly surrenders seems ... far fetched. In fact the whole plot does. I'm guessing this is your own personal speculation, rather than further insight from the inner sanctum of defence leadership?

I do not have privileged insight in as much as everything I say is open source and freely available on legitimate sites.

Re: your 2nd point, yes, as I said it is schoolboy speculation. I personally do believe Putin would use nukes before losing the war, and agree with others that he won’t want to pollute Ukraine. He will want to punish the West, and if he is about to lose the war anyway, I don’t think he will be overly troubled by the consequences.

All my opinion, nothing more. I am often wrong and desperately hope this is one of those times 🤞.