PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - "Poor customer service costs UK firms billions – so why can’t they get it right?"
Old 5th Feb 2023, 16:53
PAXboy
Paxing All Over The World

Received 62 Likes on 50 Posts
Yesterday I encounterd another aspect of modern 'customer services'. We needed to put some things into storage for three months whilst we do a project. Many companies compete and I selected one based 50% on their service by email and phone.

When I had completed the paperwork with them and was about to leave, I had this exchange with the assistant:
"We would appreciate a Google review, if you can."
Yes, I can do that.
"It's just that we get assesed by those reviews"

We talked a little further and I could see that it was another way that the corporate world outsouce their staff managment to someone else. They have decided to read what customers put online, rather than understand their own staff. I will give them a good review because that is part of why I selected them but I feel very sad for the staff. She also said that she works part time but had to meet the same review targets as full time staff.

A few yers ago, I had the same request from a car salesman, although that was a paper feedback form. Happily, I did have a good experience and could answer honestly. When I started work, it was still called Personnel, then it bacame Human Recources, now?