PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - New guy
Thread: New guy
View Single Post
Old 5th Feb 2023, 08:38
Neil1310

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New guy

Morning,
Im 33 and work in ATC at a midlands airport, holding a BEng in Aerospace enginnering (Coventry Uni 2009, Pass grade)

I am looking into a change of career and would like someone to just confirm that the route I intend to take is the correct one, just for my own peace of mind.

So I will finance any exams, materials etc myself with a part 147 organisation, aswell as completing 5 years of practical experience around my current job (6 on 3 off + annual leave) with airline line engineers airside or hopefully the main engineering facility on site, for which I will fill in a CAA CAP 147 logbook. I will then apply for my part 66 either through the CAA or European equivalent (only due Brexit ruling?).
During this I will be applying to various part 145 facilities, but hopefully go in at fitter level and work my way up through them to B1/B2 level, maybe with them part financing etc the progression.

Hope it makes sense and Is this a logical? Ultimately an apprenticeship would be ideal, but being an adult with mortgage etc, doesn't seem feasible.

Many thanks, Neil

Last edited by Neil1310; 6th Feb 2023 at 15:09.