PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Chinese spy balloon over US
View Single Post
Old 4th Feb 2023, 00:42
cavuman1

Received 20 Likes on 14 Posts
Having been born here in the Good Ole USA in 1949, I remember 4 October, 1957. It was my mother's thirty-seventh birthday. It was the day the USSR launched Sputnik. My father took me out to our driveway and lofted me on to his broad, strong shoulders. "There it is!", he shouted, and pointed, as a small pinpoint of light traversed the deep night Connecticut sky.

We were all frightened. The Russkies could launch a satellite. It meant they could launch an Intercontinental Ballistic Missile full of fissile Uranium, or fusionable Plutonium. They might be able to put a warhead on target. All of us, all one-hundred-seventy million, were scared to death. We all know what happened next. MADD. So far.

The Chinese "meteorological" balloon is nothing more than an intrusion on the sovereign airspace of the United States of America. Nothing less. That the assclowns who comprise the current administration have failed to act against such trespasses in a timely fashion is the reason that the rest of the Free World laugh at us. I don't blame them at all, but I do wonder who shall come to our defense when the time comes.

- Ed
The following 6 users liked this post by cavuman1: