PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Luton-10
Thread: Luton-10
View Single Post
Old 3rd Feb 2023, 23:27
LTNman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Good question and lots of unknowns. I can’t see why not as you should be able to buy a through ticket from any U.K. station so why not from the other side of the tracks at Parkway, as Central station is a valid destination. It would mean passing through 3 sets of barriers to board the Dart.

Another more intriguing question is if someone buys a ticket from Central to Parkway and wants to be picked up. As there is no pick up area on the Dart side it would mean crossing the railway tracks into Thameslink territory. I can’t see how a Dart ticket to Parkway would allow access through the Thameslink barriers unless Parkway Thameslink was a separate destination.

Looking at the Thameslink website I can still buy a return ticket to the airport for £3.80 for April 22nd, which is well after the planned opening date of Easter and somewhat cheaper than the £9.80 new fare. Would that ticket still be valid on the Dart?

For Luton residents, Dart tickets will be half price, if booked in advance. A bargain seeing it has already cost them £300m

Last edited by LTNman; 4th Feb 2023 at 04:45.