PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Another day, another QF incident
View Single Post
Old 3rd Feb 2023, 08:43
Eclan

Received 33 Likes on 17 Posts
Originally Posted by AerialPerspective
Precisely FP - I wasn't aiming for grammatical perfection but trying to emphasise certain points.
Is that what you were doing? I had to read it a few times to understand it.

Originally Posted by AerialPerspective
I do a large amount of writing for a living and you can be assured the grammar and spelling are correct at all times as I revise and proof-read. I'm not paid to post on pprune so I don't apply the same rigour to the form of my words, basically, yes, writing conversationally.

I'm not writing a PhD thesis when I type a post on pprune thus it doesn't warrant as much attention.

I can see and comment on someone doing a crappy job of painting a house when they have been paid to do so, I don't need to be a master painter to comment.
No, but if you point out flaws in someone else's paint job while standing beside a crap paint job of your own, expect some people to pick you up on it. Since you claim you write for a living and proof-read your work until it's correct I'd have thought that same "rigour" and discipline would naturally filter through to your posts here, thus my amusement at the irony of your dig at others.

What, by the way, do you write? Do you have anything published we might peruse?