PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Is Ukraine about to have a war?
View Single Post
Old 3rd Feb 2023, 04:03
Beamr

Received 349 Likes on 119 Posts
Originally Posted by NutLoose
I do worry as to the skill set of those troops in the line and how many battle hardened Western trained troops from 2004 and on they have left, it’s okay throwing fresh troops in there, but it’s the highly skilled and capable troops you need, that said the latest wave of Russians may well not be up to the task, time will tell.
I have no knowledge of the size of Ukrainian armed forces at the moment, but I trust we are in the ballpark of 500k to 1M men and women. They started out with 400k, they've had mobilization, they have the spirit of the defender and they have shown to be very agile in adopting new technologies and techniques.

The Z-team however has shown lots of incompetence, low morale, bad equipment and poor logistics. For assault you'd need 3:1 manpower but apparently they've already thrown in Bakhmut even higher ratio of troops in to the fire. Yhere's plenty of reports and videos pf zombies walking towards UKR lines, not in waves but en masse.

I'd say the defender has some extra benefit there compared to the aggressor. No doubt something is cooking if there are 500k Z-ombies in Donbas and no doubt it will be a hard fight for the Ukrainians but I am looking forward to seethem overcoming the assault and turning it into a counter offensive with some big cats.